Think insurance shopping is painful and time-consuming? We thought so too. That is why we built jerry.ai to create the easiest experience for our users. Enabled by disruptive technologies, jerry.ai aims for the one-click user experience in financial product offerings which traditionally requires users to fill out long forms.
Based in Silicon Valley, we are looking for engineer talents to join our distributed team. We are backed by Y-combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors. Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair site).
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced devops engineer who is is intimately familiar with Kubernetes. The ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about running a well-oiled, fine-tuned and scalable infrastructure, improving and optimizing it continually.
Our technical stack:
- GraphQL API (no REST)
- PostgreSQL DB (transactional)
- ClickHouse (columnar DB for data warehousing)
- Redis (session storage, task queue management)
- Sequelize ORM (exploring Prisma as a potential replacement)
- Jest test runner
- Infrastructure: Docker images orchestrated with Kubernetes, Ksonnet. Currently all hosted on AWS.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in managing Kubernetes cluster in production.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS.
- 2+ years of experience with Jenkins and demonstrated ability of implementing CICD.
- Experience with ELK or similar stack for logging (collection, storage, and analysis).
- Experience with cluster monitoring for ensuring uptime and high availability.
- Experience with data analytics infrastructure. (Experience with setting up and working with ETL pipeline is a big plus).
- Knowledge of deploying microservices (specially JS microservices) is a big plus.
- Ability to develop custom tools (for others to interact with infra in a simple way) is a plus.
- Core responsibility: take full ownership and manage infrastructure. Make sure all services are up and running efficiently. Be available and responsive to tackle emergencies.
- Design and deploy new services as needed.
- Work with development team to optimize development workflow.
- Work with data team and assist in pulling together data from different sources.
- Be self sufficient and take responsibility of seeing projects through to successful conclusions.
- Communicate/present work to stakeholders when necessary