Think insurance shopping is painful and time-consuming? We thought so too. That is why we built jerry.ai to create the easiest experience for our users. Enabled by disruptive technologies, jerry.ai aims for the one-click user experience in financial product offerings which traditionally requires users to fill out long forms.
Based in Silicon Valley, we are looking for engineer talents to join our office in Canada. We are backed by Y-combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors. Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair site).
About the role:
We are looking for software engineers who love technical challenges and aren't afraid to dive deep into complex codebases. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine interest in finding the best solution to a given problem and translating it into finely crafted code. This often requires getting out of your comfort zone and exploring new technology outside of your daily repertoire.
Our technical stack:
- GraphQL API (no REST)
- PostgreSQL DB (transactional)
- ClickHouse (columnar DB for data warehousing)
- Redis (session storage, task queue management)
- Sequelize ORM (exploring Prisma as a potential replacement)
- Jest test runner
- Infrastructure: Docker images orchestrated with Kubernetes, Ksonnet. Currently all hosted on AWS.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of JS ecosystem (tooling, libraries, etc.).
- Able to analyze code and understand performance implications.
- Keenness for writing good, meaningful tests and maintaining thorough test coverage.
- Familiarity with React (web frontend, server-side rendering, and React Native on mobile platforms) is a plus.
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo a big plus.
- Participate in design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Write tests for new and existing features to improve overall test coverage.
- Participate in product decision making, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Be self sufficient and take responsibility of seeing projects through to successful conclusions.
- Communicate/present work to stakeholders when necessary.